Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC acting up

• Please log in to reply

syco26

syco26

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I'm not sure what I have picked up but my pc is playing up. When I access MSConfig and try to change anything I get a dialogue box saying that I need admin control (which I do ) also anything I remove from my start up is back again when I restart my PC. I have also been restricted on what I could view on the net - could'nt search on any search engine and no forums have been working till today after yet another restart. It has also been very very slow - I have done a few of the self helps but doesn't seem to be helping.
Any help would be great.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sounds like you have some malware on your computer. Go here and read up on what to do.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660

syco26

syco26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for that. After I posted this topic last night I ran Malwarebytes and did a ful scan whileI slept when I woke there was a fair bit there so I deleted it al and the PC seems fine now.

syco26

syco26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Every thing seems fine now. I have run all exept the PAnda scan. It was running when I went to be last night but when I woke up windows had automaticly downloaded an update and restarted so I lost the panda results.
Any way I went back into msconfig to remove a program from the start menu but I keep getting the same error message. What could be causing this? I am the administrator of the PC so I don't know why all of a sudden I can change stuff. Here is the error message.Posted Image