Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot connect to internet with IE7

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
It was lucky that I had a copy of Firefox on hand. I could not connect to the internet " Page cannot be found" in IE7. I change hardware, hooked up an USB lan to no avail. I finnally connected with Firefox and removed IE7 and reinstalled it and all is fine. Could this have been a winsock problem? Thanks

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. Remove IE 7.0. This will roll you back to IE 6.0.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I have already rolled it back and reinstalled it. It worked for one day and that was it. I might roll it back for good and not install it again. Especially with SP3 coming out it will make it periment if not removed before hand.

jksdelver

jksdelver

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Over the last few weeks I have been having trouble opening up my Hotmail in box which opens in IE7. I have to click on the IE7 icon and try to open that, but in the main it goes to 'Not responding' Then if I try to open my in box again it works fine., or I get multiple IE7's opening up. I have by default FF. I saw the reply about opening deleting IE7 in control panel, but when I looked at that it didn't show the option to remove box. Any ideas anyone?

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Removing IE7 is in add and remove programs, you can get to that through control panel. There is one problem, If you have installed the SP3 update for XP and IE7 was installed before this update you won't have a option to remove it. If IE7 was removed before the SP3 update then you could remove it. I imagine there will be a fix to go around this problem. IE7 Can be a problem sometimes and sometimes a bonus.

jksdelver

jksdelver

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thanks for your reply. I have since found a way to open up Hotmail in FF.:_

Tools- add ons- get add ons - browse all add ons- in the search box type in
WebMail Notifier
When downloaded you have to enter your web mail e-mail and password

To set up an icon on the tool bar right click then - customise - then find the notifier button and then drag it onto the tool bar. Then all you have to do is to click in the envelope and it opens your (in my case Hotmail) inbox.