Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

oevbatya.dll ? HELP! :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kera

kera

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
My computer is Windows XP - everytime I listen to music, play a game or a video whether it be a file found on my computer or from a website (ie. youtube etc.) my computer crashes and goes to a blue screen. I figured it might have to do with the memory because the video card seems to be fine (i have not made any changes) - I just recently had spyware, malware and viruses galore and thought I got rid of all of them but my computer now runs slower than ever... I looked up that I could free up memory by disabling programs I don't use under my System Configuration Utility but under that I found "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oevbatya.dll" and on google that is nowhere to be found. I know nothing about this, if I need it or not. I downloaded a trial version of Security Task Manager and it said theres a 90% rating which means its potentially dangerous and can manipulate other programs. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this because I'm honestly lost and I'd like to know if this is where my problem is stemming out from or not. I don't want to disable it if I need it, anyone know more about it? I'd appreciate help. Thanks for reading this!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It's malware

You need to go over to the Malware Removal forum, read the Sticky Threads, and post the required logs

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
i am now dealing with the log in the malware forum, link is http://www.geekstogo...72#entry1265272

andrewuk