Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor not powering up

• Please log in to reply

jerryw40

jerryw40

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Since moving my pc from one room to another my monitor will not come on. it stays in stand by mode with the power light flashing. i have checked all the basics like leads and connections, all seem fine. switching to a different monitor does not work either.could this be a graphics card failure?

Advertisements

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
It's good that you checked all of the connections to it! :) Do you see anything at all on the monitor? Yeah, if 2 different monitors don't work, it's probably a problem with your graphics card. Being that you moved your entire PC around, you may want to check and make sure that your graphics card is seated in the slot all the way. Hope that helps ya!

jerryw40

jerryw40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for replying. I've pushed the graphics card down as firmly as i dare, but I'm still getting the same problem.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Does ur Graphics Port AGP or PCI.

Regards,

jerryw40

jerryw40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
its AGP