Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AUPDATE.EXE not functioning as intentended

• Please log in to reply

Senris

Senris

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Simply put, AUPDATE.EXE has been using 50% of my CPU (I have a dual core, so its using an entire core). I do have Norton 360, and the process is running under SYSTEM so I cannot end it. I understand what it does, and I still would like to be able to update norton so a removal is not what I'm looking for, just need to find out what is wrong with it and fix it. Memory usage on the process is locked in at 6,044K. As far as behavioral, when my other programs attempt to use that core, AUPDATE.EXE does go down as low as 2% CPU, so it is not completely hogging. I have been running my system for 181 hours according to the Idle Process, as my HDs have a tendancy to break less often when the little mechanical arm doesn't have to jump around as often with restarts. AUPDATE.EXE has been running for 51 of that 181 hours and since then has constantly been doing using the CPU with no drop so it is not working as intended, or doing anything from what I can seen. An AUPDATE.EXE is located in the C:\Program Files\LiveUpdate folder but I have not yet searched if there might've been a different one located somewhere else.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Senris, 19 June 2008 - 07:33 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Please restart your computer and then report back on how it is running.

Gunsdj

Gunsdj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have the same problem but its been doin this 4 days wont let me do anything and laggin up every thing
what should i do

Edited by Gunsdj, 13 July 2008 - 08:41 PM.

Gunsdj

Gunsdj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HELLO?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Well the first thing that springs to my mind is to reinstall Norton, that's if you really want to keep it.