Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task bar is gone and I cannot copy or paste after

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
So I think I made a mistake. I was in the registry and accidently deleted the wrong key and now I can't remember which one it was. Because after I did that I restarted my computer and now my taskbar is gone, I cannot copy or and my internet isn't working? I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I was thinking of taking the xp pro cd and running a repair however I don't have the exact copy that came with my computer. I do have copy of xp pro but like I said its not the same one that came with my computer, does that matter? I would really appreciate the help thanks in advance.

Edited by wadeb_21, 19 June 2008 - 12:21 PM.

Advertisements

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I don't think it matters that you don't have the exact same disc that came with your machine, just as long as it's the same version of Windows. You should be able to reinstall it over the top.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
The thing is I don't totatly want to reinstall win xp pro I just want to repair the one I have so I get my task bar and copy/paste functions back. Thanks

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Do the System Restore on the date before u deleted the registry. That's all.

Regards,

Edited by mirjel, 19 June 2008 - 01:02 PM.