Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Problem

• Please log in to reply

bob21

bob21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So yesterday I was reinstalling my printer because for some reason all of a sudden
my computer was unable to detect it. And during the installation process I was required
to restart the computer, so I did. After entering my password to my window's account to
login, the screen went blank. Just a black screen but I could still see and use my cursor.
I tried restarting the computer several times and still nothing happens after logging in(I've
left it alone for hours and nothing). I do have another account on the computer and that
one works just fine.

Does it have to do with the printer installation? Because there were some issues also when
I was installing the printer. Things like "Fatal Error" would come up during installation.

Also I don't know if this is relevant but it says "locked" under the account name at the log in
screen. I don't know if this is just referring that a pass is required or it's in a locked state.

Any help?

Advertisements

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
It seems odd that you're able to log in to the other account just fine. That makes me think that it probably has something to do with the software that you installed. Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode? If you can boot up into Safe Mode, maybe you should try uninstalling the stuff that you installed, and see if that makes any difference. And, what OS are you using?

bob21

bob21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Problems been solved. My friend checked it out and it's up
and running now.
Thanks for the feedback.