Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox 3 download

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Do I have to delete my existing Firefox before I download the new Version 3? Is there an <official> site for downloading the new version? Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Unless you want to keep the old Profile, I would install the new FF3 in another folder during the point where it allows this option. FF3 is not compatible with lots of add-ins at this time and keeping the version 2.0.0.14 is worthwhile.

If you want to use your bookmarks in FF3, then go to Bookmarks menu in the old version and select Organize Bookmarks. Then from the File menu choose Export and export to the Desktop. In FF3, reverse this by using Import and browse to Desktop where bookmarks are.

The old version will have to be closed if you insist on installing over it with FF3. Personally, I didn't like FF3 and uninstalled it.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 19 June 2008 - 02:47 PM.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Thanks for the clarification and the suggestion (to wait a bit before jumping to V3).

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
There have been people that like the new FF3. It's a matter of taste, but 80% of my needed add-ins were disabled. Could have kept FF3 in its own folder and switched to the old version easily enough, but I knew I would use it until the add-on developers caught up. Will give it a try later.

If you don't "run on" too many add-ons like I do, you may really like FF3. The old version is still available should you want to download and install it over FF3.

Ron

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Thanks again.