Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netflix Instant Viewing

• Please log in to reply

Bstumped

Bstumped

• Pip
  • 6 posts
We have a new PC. Not a high end, but very basis with Vista Basic installed. We would like to view some of the Instant netflix movies but the screen is too dark. This isn't only with Netflix but alot of the videos online. Is there a way to lighten the screen without screwing up my PC. Keep in mind, I had to buy this one because I was trying to free up space on my old one by deleting the hard drive. Keep it simple please.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Yes, you can make those adjustments easily. Open media player and go to the tool bar at the top. Go to view and then enhancements. Choose Video settings under enhancements.

At the bottom left in WMP, you will see 4 things you can adjust. Normally you just need to either bring up the contrast or brightness a touch (bar moving the slider bar to the right).

Bstumped

Bstumped

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank You so much for your response. I did indeed find the controls and thank you so much. However I was unable to lighten the screen. I did try adjusting my monitor. I spent a few hours trying to get it back after it went black. I finally have it working if slightly off center. But I am happy with it as is. I was considering perhaps a new monitor. But once again, thank you so much for your response.