Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Wont boot nothing turns on

• Please log in to reply

ethaneh

ethaneh

• Pip
  • 7 posts
so i just replaced the PSU on the computer before i wouldnt even get the green led on the mobo to light up now it does but when i push the power button i get no response nothing happens the fan doesnt turn no other lights turn on nothing i assured all the connections are made from the psu to the motherboard and i made sure the cpu fan is plugged in is there anything else i can do.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I am lucky that i have quite a store of old computer parts so i don't have to buy equipment to test with. If i am looking at a dead computer and it looks like the power supply is bad, i always test with a known good power supply simply because when PS's go out they usually take the motherboard with them. Not always but in half the times i replaced the PS i also needed a new motherboard.

SRX660

ethaneh

ethaneh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
turns out motherboard was fried along with the processer =[