Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wipe hard drive and install new operating disks, windows xp media, dri

• Please log in to reply

johnkrum

johnkrum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed a new hard drive, new operating system disk from HP (back up disks (19 of them) would not work) than the application and driver recovery, it will not take the quickplay disk( it says computer is not enabled) do I need it. I have two partitions on it volume ©: Basic NTFS 107.43 GB capacity ( 101.03 GB free space), and one in volume (D) Basic the file system is empty with 4.35 GB capacity and free space. the computer seems to be working ok, but I can not load the quickplay disk , when I do I get a message saying the computer is not quickplay enabled. Do I need this quickplay ? I use the computer mostly for for internet and watching movies. Also the broadband 802.11 b/g WLAN keeps shpwing a yellow !, and a yellow ? under network adapters and other devices. I I uninstall these and than reinstall with the driver adisk it works untill I shut it down, when I start back up I have warnings. I am not computer savvy my wrenches and sockets do not fit this thing.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Is this Windows 98 or Windows XP?

And what were the backup disks made with?
What Program. and what type of disks, cd or the square floppy disks?