Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Can I Use Xbox 360 Controller (works With PC) Headset For Chatting

• Please log in to reply

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Can some one please tell me is their a software I can use to for my xbox 360 controller for my windows XP PC (has a usb 2.0 so it works with PC) that lets me chat with others using the headset that plugs into the xbox 360 controller? If their isn't any then is it possible using some other method for chatting online using my headset? About the headset: it allows gamers to use in game voice chat, private chat, audio for video chat and in-game voice recognition for Xbox Live. (So i want to do the same thing on a PC but without playing a game like using the headset to chat on windows messenger, yahoo messenger, etc)

Edited by tomcruise3230, 20 June 2008 - 03:35 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
while you can use the headset, you have to have software installed to use. Something like teamspeak or ventrillo. You wont be able to talk to people using "xbox live". That's xbox only.

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

while you can use the headset, you have to have software installed to use. Something like teamspeak or ventrillo. You wont be able to talk to people using "xbox live". That's xbox only.

I dont want to use the headset as to speak to others but want to use the headset for speech to text so what ever i say in the headset is typed in in chat room, forums or instant messengers like yahoo and microsoft. Therefore, If you know any software that will allow that please let me know

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Do you have the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers installed on Windows?

http://www.microsoft...ing/gaming.mspx

That should help you get this task started in the right direction. I know it works with my wired 360 controller.

Cheers,
Mak

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Hello,

Do you have the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers installed on Windows?

http://www.microsoft...ing/gaming.mspx

That should help you get this task started in the right direction. I know it works with my wired 360 controller.

Cheers,
Mak

This is for speech to text right because thats what i was trying to say (something like this software do: http://www.nuance.com/talk/demo.asp)

Edited by tomcruise3230, 25 June 2008 - 02:18 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
plug it in and verify that the operating system knows its there. Go into control panel, sounds and check that it is showing up there.

Go into start, programs, accessories and launch Sound Recorder. you can test and see if you can record yourself speaking. If you can, then all should be good.

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

plug it in and verify that the operating system knows its there. Go into control panel, sounds and check that it is showing up there.

Go into start, programs, accessories and launch Sound Recorder. you can test and see if you can record yourself speaking. If you can, then all should be good.

No i can't record my voice however i can hear voice on the headset (checked with youtube). Do you know anything else i can try please i don't want to spend $99 on a speech to text software

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Have you gone into the Control Panel and checked in their Speech area? Make sure you go through the tutorial for Text to Speech to be recognized and work properly.

Cheers,
Mak