Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

permanent failure: message too big for system

• Please log in to reply

ajdelsontro

ajdelsontro

• Pip
  • 3 posts
when i send videos to people, some get them and others come back to me saying: permanent failure: message too big for system. is this a problem on my computer or the person i am sending to? how can i fix this for either myself or the other party. we would be running either vista or xp. thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
So you are sending via email i would guess. This would be a limit of the email provider the person recieving the file would have. Some ISP's only allow for a max 2MB file. While places like GMail have a 10MB max.

I would have the person who is recieving the file check to see what the limit is on attachments is.

Cheers,
Mak