Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can You Recommend A Printer?

• Please log in to reply

Phriend

Phriend

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Can you recommend a good basic printer for me?

I'm looking for something reliable, yet economical. (This includes the cost of ink).

I don't need it to print color, only black and white.

Any recommendations?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
For a cheap printer you really can't go wrong with the cheapest canon printers available. I've had a couple that lasted 3-4 years without any problems. You do need to run them once a week to keep the ink working correctly.

Now , i like using the H-P all-in-one printers for my needs. I like that they have a built-in fax and you don't even need a computer running to receive fax's. My H-P is the older 6210 model still running after 3 years now.

SRX660

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hi Phriend,

SAMSUNG ML-2010 Compact Personal Laser Printer. Price: £49.99

Great little printer. We used it to print invoices for our small business. No problems with paper, no problems with smudging. Would suggest if it does that for you, try thinner or thicker paper. Recommended.

Regards,

Phriend

Phriend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks, does anyone else happen to have a laser recommendation for me?

The Canon MP610 has received some great reviews... and there is a sizable rebate on it from Amazon right now. But unfortunately, it is an inkjet and I think my cost-per-page would be a bit higher than I would like. (Not to mention the fact the fact that I don't need to print color). It looks like a great little printer though if anyone needs one!

Anyway... back to those laser printer recommendations...

Edited by Phriend, 21 June 2008 - 03:30 PM.