Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp sudden shut down!

• Please log in to reply

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All,

Running xp pro. My pc shuts down suddenly when i'm on the internet or when i'm running any sort of scan, adaware, spy bot, etc... i also notice that i periodically see a very brief appearance of a program running on the task bar with a white square file symbal. It's some thing like what you would see on the task bar if you minimized a window-but it only lasts for about 1-2 seconds. I ran Spy Doctor and it found tracking infections and registry items but did not rate them as critical! Also, Spydoctor pay version was recomended to remove. But i can't afford it for now so, can anyone offer a free or very cost effective solution?

Much Appreciated,

Dr. Evil :tazz:

Advertisements

javiergil

javiergil

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I haer the windows antispyware is really good, why dont u try it. get it from microsoft web

try a full scan on your machine with trendmicro.com

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Hi there.
Maybe Ad-aware Expert's can help you.
Please read Ad-aware SE Logfile Posting Instructions
and follow the guidelines.

- Rawe :tazz: