Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fake certificate from HP

• Please log in to reply

sandi17

sandi17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, since this is an old post I was wondering was this problem resolved. I am having the same problem! How do I get rid of it and how can I prevent this from happening again. Thank you all

Hello

I have been getting this pop-up when i first sign on to my windows. This is what it says..
A new certificate has arrived for channel 'updates from hp'.It will be used to digitally sign the channels contents. Do you wish to accept this certificate?
Then to the right of this there is a yes or no buttons.

In the middle of that screen there is a certificate that says..
This certificate
is published by
consumer PC
hewlett-packard
Cupertino, California, US
as a publisher under credentials issued by
secure server certification authority
rsa data security ,Inc.
US
Expires: March 25,2005

Then at the bottom of the screen it shows..
Automatically trust all content signed by this publisher choosing this option will enable Infopaks signed by this publisher to perform operations such as running plugins or executables without asking for user approval.
And there is a little box that is checked.

I would like to know if this is spyware or a virus and if it is not either then what is it? I have been getting this pop up for a while now.
I use AVG anti-virus...Ad-Aware,,windows defender,,,spyware blaster for anti-spyware. and zone alarm firewall. And none of these pick anything up. If anyone could tell me what this is and to stop it from popping up i would be very thankful..

Thanks for the help anyone

Hello wannabe1 thank you for the help,
I looked in the add/remove and i did not see anything that said backweb in it.And i also looked in the msconfig and did not see the backweb, So could you please tell me what to delete or turn off from starting. Thank you very much

Advertisements