Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

norton i.s. disabled email scan

• Please log in to reply

markw47

markw47

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
When I opened my computer today, a Norton security message popped up indicating that both my outgoing and incoming email scans have been turned off. A sudden turn of events since I did not turn them off. When I went to Norton I.S. settings/email/incoming email/ turn on, the setting momentarily turned on and then back off again. I did this several times. Then I get a pop up alert that says options interface could not be initialized. I went to Norton Support/scanning to detect issues/autofix and the report says that there were no issues that affect Norton I.S. performance. I tried going to the tech support online chat and was told that an update was required. This update could not be installed due to interface initialization problems again. So no online chat availabe. I called their premium service center and was told it would cost $99.00 to have a tech remotely fix my problem. Can anyone help me here with this problem. I want my incoming emails scanned.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Best suggestion would be to remove and reinstall Norton while your PC is unplgged from the internet. If you have subscribed to Norton already you should not have a issue. But i would suggest Avast as a free alternative as it does this all for free and is a higher rated anti-virus than Norton.

Cheers,
Mak

markw47

markw47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks Mak.. That is exactly what I did. I got rid of Norton and d/led Avast. I apreciate your suggestion.

Mark

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello Mark,

Glad you are happy with the suggestion. My pleasure to help out.

Cheers,
Mak