Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

(XP Home) USER32.dll is missing - Can i fix this?

• Please log in to reply

Infamous_Nate

Infamous_Nate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No it doesn ot open.

the maching seems extremly slow for having 1GB ddr2, my pc has the same thing and is 3 times as fast. But on the same note, this maching was extremly slow before the user32.dll crash. audio and video are very very lagy and have an echo.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Right click on My Computer and choose "Properties". Click the "Hardware" tab and then the "Device Manager" button. In Device Manager, expand (click +) IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Right click on the Primary IDE channel, choose "Properties", then click the "Advanced Settings" tab. List the Current Transfer Mode for each device shown for this channel.

Right click on the Secondary IDE channel, choose "Properties", then click the "Advanced Settings" tab. List the Current Transfer Mode for each device shown for this channel.

Infamous_Nate

Infamous_Nate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Primary IDE:

device 0 - Ultra DMA Mode 5

device 1 - Ultra DMA mode 2

no secondary IDE, but there is this:

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

no advanced settings tab on this one though..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The Transfer Modes are ok. Had either of the devices been set to the PIO Only Transfer Mode, I would have suspected a hardware problem.

It's very possible that the laggy performance is malware related...there may well be more on the machine than what is being discovered by the scans you've run.

Go ahead and post a log for the experts as outlined on the page I linked you to earlier and let's see what they have to say. Running some of the applications they recommend before posting the log may help some, too.

Infamous_Nate

Infamous_Nate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok i'll do that.

i do appreciate everyone's help with this matter.

although im still on the verge of formating this thing :)