Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird Messages Popin Up & As A Wallpaper + Missin Tabs

• Please log in to reply

DeadRvn

DeadRvn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
it's a laptop - dell - inspiron b130

"shutdown -a" doesnt help.

i was trying to download a file (dont remember where and afraid to go check again) and then everything froze.

a thick black bordered blue mesage with "detected harmful spyware" etc... and that i need to download removal or if i still see the message again then go on safe mode and delete it(file+from add&removal) poped up. it also say to turn of BIOS(?) something and something else but cant remember. the thing take over the whole screen. it stayed for awhile then started to restart on it own, but it keeps restart & restart...until i pressed the laptop on/off button to shut it down.

while in safe mode, deleted the file & from add&removal programs list but the message still pop up after awhile over&over. found out later that clickin ESC help avoid the thing from restart everytime the message pop up but after awhile it will show up again&again.

another problem is that screen resolution messed up. it changed to the poorest color quality and screen resolution. also i cant get rid of another spyware warning message that is now my new wallpaper *scream*. it's blue and the pix is a warnin pop up box with the "spyware detected" and asked to install spyware removal etc... i changed the wallpaper by rt clicked on the pix that i want. that is the only way i can change my wallpaper now.

went to display properties to change resolution, find out i'm missin tabs (screensaver & desktop). changed setting.

also everytime i restart my laptop or turn it on again, my wallpaper will turned back to the the blue message and the the black/blue message will still pop up. all my icons moved to the left side again. sometimes even the screen resolution will go back to its poorest quality.

friend said i got blaster worm. tried symantec blaster removal tool but not helpin. it said i dont have any blaster worm.
also tried spybot alrd. went on microsoft downloaded something - doesnt help.

tried to get my tabs in display properties back but nothing helps so far. tried microsoft and dell to upgrade/update didnt help since it said that my laptop has the newer version or that the program i'm tryin to download is not the rt type.

Advertisements