Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is running slow after malware removal [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
i'm sorry, but I've been unable to reach you guys because I've been away from my computer. I will return and do the final steps tommorow. thank you sooo much.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi

Thats fine, your system is clean. I was just waiting to close the topic, so I could see if the mouse was working right. :)

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Whenever I try and create a restore point, I recieve the message: System Restore is not able to create a restore point. Please restart computer and run System Restore again. I've been recieving this message for quite sometime now, and forgot to mention it. (I first noticed it after my virus protection notified me that a restore point couldn't be created after a virus sweep.) Also, my mouse continues to freeze. Thank you soo much for your time and help.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
well looks like its going to be a tech issue because your system is clean. Please follow up in your topic HERE and let them know you have been cleared on the malware forum. They should be able to get you going in the right direction. :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.