Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot use HTTPS in Firefox; can't use Opera at all

• Please log in to reply

W-Unit

W-Unit

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
So yesterday I opened firefox and was going to get some add-ons for it when I got an "Unable to Connect" error. So I figured maybe Mozilla was experiencing some technical problems because everywhere else I tried to go was successful. Today I got on and tried to check my e-mail via www.gmail.com and got the same error. To be sure, I also tried to visit the Bank of America website, which is HTTPS just like gmail and addons.mozilla.org, and sure enough, I got the same error.

Since Firefox is the only browser I have, I tried downloading Opera to see if the same problems occured there. As it turns out, Opera can't go to ANY website.

What's going on?

Edited by W-Unit, 22 June 2008 - 08:56 AM.

Advertisements

W-Unit

W-Unit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Bumped for attention.

Update: Internet explorer has the same problems as Firefox