Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing Adware problem

• Please log in to reply

ChaosVortex

ChaosVortex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'll try explaining this to my best ability, as I'm not the best with computers. To begin, my friend was a moron and downloaded spyware, adware, and other junk last Thursday. Yesterday, I updated Norton Internet security and removed the adware causing the pop-ups. My desktop used to freeze and my starting toolbar would not appear, so I'd have to use Taskmanager to navigate.

I'm still having a problem. While navigating a forum I visit, (megaman.co.uk), I'm unable to view topics and posts. IE takes too long to load them. Now I'm able to, but I'm getting pop-ups again. Norton says there's no problem, but that's obviously not true. MMM NEVER gets pop-ups.

I'll try to post as much information as possible. I want these pop-ups gone and my computer back to normal speed. Please help.

EDIT1: I just got this pop-up after posting this, if this is somehow relevant: [removed link]

Also, the help topic I made on MMM. Registered members can view the screenshots I've posted: [removed link]
EDIT2: My toolbar just disappeared, along with the icons on my desktop. Friends signing on MSN are appearing on the top LEFT corner, not the bottom right.
http://www.freewebs....argoneagain.PNG

Please do not post links to adware sites.

Reason for edit: Removed links

EDIT: I appologize for any misleading links but in defense, MMM is not an adware site.

I used Spybot S&D to remove programs, one of them being CoolWWWSearch. My computer and Internet Explorer are running really slow. Any suggestions to make them run faster again?

Edited by ChaosVortex, 23 June 2008 - 03:09 PM.

Advertisements