Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Little Or No Connection Issue.

• Please log in to reply

bigplayer13

bigplayer13

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok Well A Few Days Ago I Got This Message Saying I Had Little Or No Connection. Everything Was Fine Untill This Happened. Wireless Internet Works but All My Wired Connections Don't Work.
Once In A While I'll Get A Connection but Then It's Lost.
I've Tried A Few Things Already To Try To Fix The Problem. I've Done The Basic Disable/Enable, Repair Connection (All I Get Is A Could Not Renew IP Address), and Reseting Router.
None Of This Has Worked. Ohh I Have Also Tried Turning My Fire Wall Off. Nothing.
Please Help Me.

One More Thing. I Doubt That The Wires Are The Issue Or That Download That Sometimes Causes This Issue. SP2 I Think It Is.

-In Advance Thankyou.

Edited by bigplayer13, 22 June 2008 - 10:20 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Hello bigplayer13 and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Have you tried restarting the Router?
It seems like the problem isn't with the computers, it's with the router.

Regards,
Olrik

bigplayer13

bigplayer13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Before I Start Thankyou For The Welcome. I've Been Here Before Because I Had An Adware Infection.

Yes, I've Tried Restarting Everything. Router, Computer, Power Supply. Everything To My Knowledge.
I Also Contacted Verizon ,My ISP, but They Were Not Able To Help.
One Thing I Find Very Strange Is That Only My Wired Connections Don't Work. Wireless Ones Work Fine.
I've Also Tried Doing The "Netsh int ip reset.log but For Some Reason My Computer (2002 HP Windows XP Home Edition) Won't Take That Command. Maybe I Have The Rong One. Onother Thing I Tried Was "Netsh winsock reset." This Command Was Reconized by Windows but Did Not Solve The Issue.
I've Alson Have Checked The Configuration of My Connection by Using The Command "ipconfig /all" Under IP Address It Gives Me A 169 IP Address and Not The Normal 192. Maybe This Will Help You A Little More.

-Thank You For Your Help So Far