Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help removing Comodo firewall entries/registry keys

• Please log in to reply

kjg2008

kjg2008

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have read all the administration threads. I downloaded Comodo Firewall a few months ago and uninstalled the software program because I didn't care for all the security popups. I tried to download PC Tools Firewall Plus, but I could not download since it said I must uninstall Comodo. I must still have registry keys for Comodo or something that is still showing up, which I don't know how to remove. I searched for Comodo and found 2 files which I deleted but PC Tools still shows that I have Comodo. Please help me remove all entries of Comodo firewall.
Which anti-virus programs are only required on my pc, I might have too many anti-virus programs running and need to know which anti-virus programs should I keep.
Also, could you please check to see if there is any malware on my pc and any unnecessary files. Below is a Hijack This file log. I was wondering about the following, are these unknown files suppose to be there????: Thank you

O1

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,618 posts
remove hjt log as it is not needed.

Do you remember what version of comodo firewall you were using?

v2 manual uninstall: http://forums.comodo...2x-t5326.0.html

kjg2008

kjg2008

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I had previously downloaded the Free Comodo Firewall Pro. I had uninstallled it previously, and do not see any references of it in program files, but I am still unable to download any other type of firewall since Comodo is still being recognized.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,618 posts
did you go ahead and run the uninstall tool?

There was a thread on the forums a few months ago that dealt with this same issue. I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

kjg2008

kjg2008

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No, I haven't run the uninstall tool, where do I download it from? thanks

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,618 posts
http://forums.comodo...2x-t5326.0.html