Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with netgear gateway...wireless internet won't work

• Please log in to reply

poneilwvu

poneilwvu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the Netgear Gateway model CG814WG v2 from Comcast, but I have a problem with it that I can't figure out why it would be happening. I have a PS3 hardwired to the gateway and it can access the internet and online games perfectly. I have a Wii that is wireless (but only several feet from the gateway) that connects fine. Then I have two computers (one Vista and one XP) that are both about equally 20 feet or so away from the gateway. Both of these computers can connect to the internet and the AOL instant messengers will connect and work fine. However, when trying to access the internet nothing will load despite it saying that it's connected to the internet and AOL working. At one time I was able to access the internet with this gateway, but it just stopped working after several weeks. Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this? Currently I have to just use a random linksys connection that someone in my apartment complex does not have secured, but that is highly hit or miss as to whether or not it will work.

Advertisements

poneilwvu

poneilwvu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh, also I get about 3 to 4 bars out of 5 on the signal strength.