Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do I play an ISO file ?

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi,

(1) I have an ISO file that I would like to play without burning it to a DVD. Is there a way to play it right from my HDD ? If yes, do I need any software to do it ?

(2) Also I have a "Multimedia Tutorial" folder that has an exe which when I click asks me to install that program on my hard drive. Is there a way to play that Tutorial without actually installing it on my hard drive ?

Thank you.

Advertisements

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Hi georgetok

WinRar can open ISO-files.

Altho, I am curious as to why you would open it? (If thats not to nosy :) )

As for the tutorial, I don't think there is a way around that one..

Regards Abydos

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

What you are looking to do is mount the ISO with something like Daemon Tools.

Cheers,
Mak

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
PowerISO is also nice. I've been told that it's better than DaemonTools. I've used both of them and I feel more "secure" with PowerISO because unlike DaemonTools, it doesn't give me that warning message during installation.

:)

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
You’ll need a demon tool like alcohol 120%.
You can create a virtual dvd player/burner etc in which you can mount the iso file.
An iso file is an image of the dvd. with the right software (alcohol) your computer thinks its a real hardware dvd and you can play, install, copy, browse etc.
There are other demon tools.

Regards,