Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hijack Log- Fake Visa Verification Site [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
When I tried to run the program I received the following warning -

Loaded GMER's driver version is incompatible with the currently running GMER application. You need to stop the drive with the command "net stop gmer" or restart your computer.

What should I do?

Also this may be being caused by the version compatibilty issue, but I can only check services, registry, files, and ADS. Everything is grayed out.

How should I proceed?

Thanks.

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Please restart your computer and run GMER again :)

Post the log here or tell me if you couldn't run it..

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I rebooted and got the same message. Should I stop the drive or try to run it anyway?

It looks like I can run the scan, but I can't check all of the boxes and I'm not sure if it will do everything it is supposed to do.

What next? :)

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I ran it anyway. I'm not sure if it worked or not because I don't think everything was scanned. Anyway it said no system modifications have been made.

Please help.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

I rebooted and got the same message. Should I stop the drive or try to run it anyway?

It looks like I can run the scan, but I can't check all of the boxes and I'm not sure if it will do everything it is supposed to do.

What next? :)

Erm.. sorry have to ask you again.. please go to this website and refer to the picture.. Can you access it? If yes, please the Scan button and then press Copy.. Then after the scan finish, just paste the result here..

If you can't access that, I'll do the thinking... :)

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I can access the website and see a picture, however I don't see a scan button. There is a start button in the the top left corner, but it does not start a scan. It direct me to a link where I can download the it.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

I can access the website and see a picture, however I don't see a scan button. There is a start button in the the top left corner, but it does not start a scan. It direct me to a link where I can download the it.

No.. you misunderstood me.. What I mean was for you referring to the picture and hit the scan button on GMER under Rootkit/Malware tab.. Can you do that?

Oh.. Happy 4th July :)

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thanks. It'll be the 4th in a few minutes.

I think I understand you now. It took me a minute. I can access the Rootkit/Malware tab, but nothing is listed in the middle portion of the screen and I can't select the various items on the right hand side.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

Thanks. It'll be the 4th in a few minutes.

I think I understand you now. It took me a minute. I can access the Rootkit/Malware tab, but nothing is listed in the middle portion of the screen and I can't select the various items on the right hand side.

Can you hit the Scan button and then the Copy button? If yes, please do that.. I'm going to work within the next 30 minutes and will only be back after about 10 hours later (maybe more..)

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Ok. I'm working on it.

Advertisements

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
After it ran, there was nothing to copy. I got the same pop-up message as last time - GMER hasn't found any system modification.

I think it only scanned services, registry, files, & ADS. I wasn't able to select system, sections, modules, processes, etc...

Any other ideas?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

After it ran, there was nothing to copy. I got the same pop-up message as last time - GMER hasn't found any system modification.

I think it only scanned services, registry, files, & ADS. I wasn't able to select system, sections, modules, processes, etc...

Any other ideas?

Have you click on the Copy button.. Please do that.. and then just go and Paste it here..

If you can't, then tell me :)

Edited by fenzodahl512, 03 July 2008 - 10:11 PM.

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I can't. I click the copy button and then there is nothing to paste.

decane

decane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I attached the blank log file

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

I can't. I click the copy button and then there is nothing to paste.

Sorry... after you hit the Copy button, a pop-up say Text was copies to the clipboard. Paste the output into your favorite editor..

Then just open Notepad >> Right click your mouse and choose Paste.. Then you will see the log inside Notepad... Please post its content here if any.. Tell me if you can't see anything inside your Notepad.. :)