Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Explorer

• Please log in to reply

bigght

bigght

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Really strange issue. Windows XP, SP3 , 2GB ram, Samsung spinwriter internal dvdrw, dual layer. Burning software Nero 7.

In Windows Explorer, MY Computer, shows dvd drive (E). I insert a disk, say Cloverfield DVD Movie, it shows up, and plays through Nero showtime. Then when I eject disk from dvd drive (E), in Explorer, My Computer it shows as DVD-RAM Drive E, (empty). Now say I insert Terminator 3 into the same drive, It will spin up and still in my computer shows up as Cloverfield, not Terminator 3. I cannot play the disk. If I put a blank disk in to the burner, it still shows up as Cloverfield. I have tried to refresh "My Computer" and still doesn't cure the problem. I have loaded new firmware for the DRIVE and still the issue remains. The only way I can get the correct disk to show up is to reboot the computer with the disk into the drive.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this? Thanks.

Advertisements