Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having to reinstall usb kybrd on each bootup

• Please log in to reply

stimuli

stimuli

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have begun having this issue in the last couple days. I have two PCs w/ Win XP Pro on them, with a USB KVM switch between them. My main box is updated to SP3 after a recent complete OS reinstall. Everything has been working just fine, but now each time I first boot up the main PC, it needs to reinstall the USB keyboard. I keep getting the "New Hardware Found" window, & I tell it to reinstall the device drivers, which it does, then it works fine. As far as I know, I have not changed anything on either PC
I have the KVM switch connected thru a powered hub, because at first it did not work correctly. After an email to the KVM mfgs tech support, they suggested using it this way, since it wasn't getting enough power from the mobo USB port.
Have had this setup for several months now, & no issues at all till now.
Can anyone suggest what might be causing this problem?

TIA

Advertisements