Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Swapped Cable Modem cloned Mac Still had to reregister?

• Please log in to reply

giboni

giboni

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:)
Hi,
Decided to investigate and try to understand specificaly why I never could reach the minimum speed that OOL Techs said I should get on the 30/5 line I suscribe to.All cabeling to the drop down Spliter tested.Numerous Software programs Lan Surveyors SMTP ad nuseum.Cfos made a diference.cable Nut helped.Changing DNS servers helped.Finally down to the Modem itself.Scientific Atlanta is not suscriber friendly.So went to a used pair of Motorala Sb5100.Used v140 stable of Sigma X2.
Problem apparently when entering Mac off of my Scientific into Sigma,SB5100 the HFE Mac displayed is not the Mac of the Scientific.So simply reregistred SB5100.Its nice to control ones Modem.
Apologise if this is not the proper forum for this.Perhaps others could post back with the Websites of Forums where this is discussed and or chat rooms.Would like to try 2 modems to one router to see if this speeds up my conection to something close to what I was led to believe.To do that both SB5100 have to have identical Macs.Perhaps have to reflash to another program?Or is their a converter I could use to arrive at the correct string?Guessing that when I do the second SB5100 it will display a different Mac from the other ah will just try it I guess.

Thanks in advance. :)

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Your post is confusing at best. The one thing I can say is nothing should ever have the same MAC address as another device. MAC addresses are meant to be for one device and in theory no other device on the planet should have the same MAC address.