Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mic

• Please log in to reply

thejazzman

thejazzman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone!

I am your latest 'newbie'!

I have only downloaded AVG free 8 lately. There have been no significant problems with it.

My problem at this time is that suddenly, for no apparent reason, my mics have packed up! (I have a desk mic and a lapel clip-on mic)

I have SoundMax integrated audio digital. The boxes show all items are up to their top settings.

Only the Advanced tab shows faded, and at the Low setting - but I am unable to regulate it, for some reason.

I have Skype, on the test, I produce no sound from my mics

I also have Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger - Both show no sound from the mics when tested.

The volume icon in the taskbar, by the clock, is up to max, but that seems to only apply to sound from the speakers.

I last used the mics about a week ago using Skype.

I have no paperwork/books to define any help/troubleshooting ploys.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

thejazzman.

Advertisements