Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some programs cant connect to the web

• Please log in to reply

Unknown13

Unknown13

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have been though almost everything I can think of.

Windows Live Mail, Comodo (firewall), Adobe Updater, Thunderbird cannot connect to the web to update or send or receive mail, although I can browse the web fine and some programs can connect. Also my port forwarding no longer works, although it is set up correctly. I currently have no proxy and haven't changed my internet settings (I have checked them and they seem to be OK).I also have no other firewalls (or similar) running.

Also scanned with AVG Free, Ad-Aware, Spybot

Any ideas?

Edited by Unknown13, 25 June 2008 - 05:55 AM.

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello Uknown13,
May I ask what your default web browser is? If it's IE7, try making sure that IE is not trying to connect to a proxy server because I know that sometimes it'll try to assign itself to a proxy that doesn't exist, just an experience I've had in the past.

Unknown13

Unknown13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No, Firefox, and I have checked my proxy settings.

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Do you have Windows Firewall Enabled? If so, go to Control Panel>Windows Firewall>Exceptions Tab and see if there aren't any issues there. And you mentioned port forwarding, so I'm assuming your behind a router, are you sure you have everything properly configured (firmware, drivers, etc.).