Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sudden Host failure..

• Please log in to reply

Pantsalot

Pantsalot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had been able to host games without problem before, after changing my Bt Home Hub router settings. But
recently I had to send my PC to get fixed after the hard-disk had apparently overheated & broke. I have now
had my PC returned & it's just like normal, all the stuff is strangely still on it including games & maps of Warcraft
III etc. But I tried to host again & no-one has been able to join including 2 friends who tried directly searching it.
I have rechecked the router shared application settings, I have completly disabled my firewalls (although this was
not required before) & yes the router is still plugged in..
I'm still able to join other peoples games, though I prefer hosting. Does anyone know how to sort this problem?

Advertisements

kws_divine

kws_divine

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
have you made sure that your router IP address has not changed?

Pantsalot

Pantsalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My IP address has seem to have changed, but even though I've now updated it, it is still
acting the same. Could there be any other settings apart from the IP address I'd have to change
or is there any other steps I have to take apart from changing my application sharing settings?

Pantsalot

Pantsalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nevermind. I went into more detail with updating the settings with my new IP address & it's started working again, although there
seems to be a bit of delay with people joining my games by about 10secs, though this is not too serious & is probably tempoary
Thank you very much (tyvm) for the help.