Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

tiny1982

tiny1982

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Some weeks ago my computer was infected with malware/spyware. Someone from geekstogo assisted me with solving this problem. However, now because of the malware/spyware my settings, or something have been changed, and my internet explorer is not working. Internet Explorer window will upload, however, I am not able to visit any sites because the internet explorer moves very, very, very, slow. Can someone please assist me with this problem? :)

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall Internet Explorer and reinstall it? That might solve your issue.

Cheers,
Mak

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for your reply. No I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall....how do I do that?

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

For Internet Explorer 7 it is easy. Open up Add/Remove programs and check the box for Show Updates. Now scroll down and you will see Internet Explorer 7 is one of hte options to remove. Just remove it, restart and reinstall it, then restart. You can also go under the start menu and find Internet Explorer with No Add Ons and run that. See if it helps. It is does go under the Tools, Manage Add Ons section to remove any add ons.

Internet Explorer 6 is a tad more difficult.

http://www.theelderg...ie_and_oe_6.htm

Can also try to repair your Internet Explorer.

Control Panel-Add/Remove
Go down to "Microsoft Internet Explorer SP1 and Internet Tools"
Click Add/Remove and use "Repair Internet Explorer"

Cheers,
Mak

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I am not sure what happened. But I could not find what you told me to look for under the control panel. I accidentally removed Internet Explorer as a Windows Component under the Control Panel so now it does not appear on my desktop or start menu....By Microsoft Internet Explorer does not appear under my programs.c

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
So I was able to add Internet Explorer back to the desktop and start menu, but I cannot find it under my Add/Remove Programs so that I can uninstall and reinstall....

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Just you check the little box at the top for show updates?

Cheers,
Mak

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for your help. I ended up just downloading Internet Explorer 7 and things are working fine. Thanks again!