Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

boot up cycle

• Please log in to reply

Manimal

Manimal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have been having a really frustrating time with my computer. Here is the chronology of the evil machine.

I bought it in 2002 from a Wal-Mart in Germany (ye without sense cast the first stone)

The computer was in storage for several months, but once released it was fine.

Switching to XP system improved it.

Two weeks ago I added 256k of memory and it improved even more.

Last week the thing rebooted automatically from a Windows Auto-update and froze.

Now it almost boots up and hangs until any button is pushed, then it goes back to booting up and the cycle continues.

I've tried every option (start Windows normally, safe mode, etc.) but nothing seems to work.

I've also tried leaving the XP CD in the CD Drive to boot up from the CD.

I pulled the new memory as well.

Any suggestions? Other than never buy a computer in a German Wal-Mart?

Thanks,
Manimal

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

Other than never buy a computer in a German Wal-Mart?

Please don't do this ;) ^^^^

Do you have another computer to work with besides this one? Obviously you must because you just posted. What we should do is create a Windows XP boot disk.

This Microsoft article will help you to create a boot disk for your version of Windows, so you can then hopefully place the disk in the drive and boot into Windows from the floppy and we can then fix your Operating System.

http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q310994

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: