Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinFixer & JKill & Vundo Problems [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
And I do realize that I need to go in the control panel to add/ remove to permanently remove them too. Adobe had been sending pop ups saying there were updates. Is it okay to update those now?

Advertisements

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Okay. So I guess I don't want to end this with all my little noes here... Sorry.

I did notice that when I went in to the add/remove program to remove superanitspyware that it asked me if I wanted to delete quaranteened items. I clicked no thinking it would take me out of the removal process, but it didn't. When that was done, I noticed the layout of this forum changed.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Yes it is ok to update those now

Sounds like SUPERAntiSpyware messed with your temp files, do this

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Other than that we are all done

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
What about the quaranteen folder that I didn't delete when prompted during the removal of superantispyware? Is that left lurking somewhere on my computer?

Also since removing some of the software, I have not rebooted the computer. Should I reboot before using ATF cleaner?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Run ATF then reboot

Leave the quarantine folder to be safe

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thank you Rorschach! I rebooted and and the layout is back to how it was. I am ready to let this thread be closed and resolved. Thank you, thank you I went from feeling like this :) to this :)

With your last post, would you tell me if netscape is not a browser that you would advise to use? I would use firefox as we have that too.

Also, what do you mean by keeping the quaranteened items to be safe? I would just assume I would want to be free of these. Just would like to educate myself on that. I have been reading all the links on keeping the computer safe and gathering lots of info.

Take care!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Honestly I don't know much about Netscape. I do know that Firefox is very safe and very good, so I find that to be the best.

You should leave the quarantine folder, as sometimes programs give false positives, that is why we recommend not touching quarantine folders. It is an extra precaution

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.