Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card - GeForce 5500 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Penguinator

Penguinator

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer is an HP (mostly) with a 200W power supply, Dual monitor (NEC LCD 1765 and Acerview Analog 77e), 2.00GHz Athlon XP, 512 DDR RAM...

I recently decided that I was sick of using an integrated video card, (and I wanted dual monitors) so I bought a nVidia GeForce FX 5500 PCI.

I tried to install the video card based on what the instructions said... no go, so I did it my own way. Well, it works much better. Actually, it works almost perfectly.

I have disabled my onboard graphics at this point. I now have both monitors connected. One is at 1280x 1024, the other is at 800x600.

Everything works great like this, except! When the computer goes into standby (or starts to) The screen gets many colored lines going down the monitor and I get a message that says "Pixel rate is over limitation. Please choose a suitable one."
It also has WHAT I AM PRETTY SURE, BUT NOT POSITIVE, either above or below the message, "41hz 80khz" or something of that sort.

I have tried setting both monitors to 1280x1024 and both to 800x600. No beans.

I am getting frustrated, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much to all that post in response :tazz:

EDIT:

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the system doesn't recover. The computer restarts after several seconds of being on the odd screen of vertical lines.

Also, this is Windows XP home.

Edited by Penguinator, 28 April 2005 - 03:00 PM.

Advertisements

Penguinator

Penguinator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Cmon, can't anyone help me? This is kind of urgent.

Mablt

Mablt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Did you ever get that problem figured out? I'm about to dual monitor the same card . . .