Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

8800 GTS in SLI Configuration

• Please log in to reply

Trevor e

Trevor e

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Guys

Does anyone know how good this SLI stuff is. I have an XFX 8800 GTS 320MB XXX edition card and am thinking about getting another one and sticking it in SLI mode. What sort off performance boost do you get from an SLI setup, or would you be better off just waiting till prices come down and get say an 8800 Ultra.

Thanks Trevor

Advertisements

computeruler

computeruler

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
here it is without sli and here it is in sli so theres about a 2011 difference in 3dmark06

Trevor e

Trevor e

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well thanks for that, very informative. There is no way I will run that XFX 8800 gts in SLI mode. Too buy another one off them is around the $450 Aust, and I can buy 2 Zotac overclocked 8800 GT cards for $440 and they beat the GTS by 1600 points.

Thanks guys