Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Interference

• Please log in to reply

jemoto

jemoto

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

I have a real conundrum for the gurus out there. For a while I have been annoyed with this crackling sound from my loudspeakers, as if you jiggle a broken cord. The strange thing is that it happens in intervals of exactly 1 minute and lasts for maybe 3-4 seconds.

I changed the setting on the computer clock, but the crackling sound continued according to original schedule, as if to some external clock, with exactly 1 minute in between.

My sound card is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

This has be completely baffled, anyone have any ideas?

Jemoto

Advertisements

jemoto

jemoto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Just tried with another laptop, and no problem, so the issue is with my regular desktop.

Anyone?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What motherboard is installed in your computer? If it has a built-in audio connection then take the sound card out and connect the speakers to the built-in socket.

jemoto

jemoto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks, Skeptic

Sorry for the late reply....I have been out of commission for a while. My motherboard is ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5K Deluxe. I tried removing my Creative card, and plugging into the mobo, but i get the exact same popping sound.

Any other ideas? Appreciate your help.

Jemoto