Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IP Config filed on wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

Kirk-NY

Kirk-NY

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have read a number of strings about IP config's failing to make a connection, but none have solved my issue:
My broadband connection in my home was disconnected a few weeks ago the cable guy by mistake. After having it reconnected I have had a number of problems connecting to my wireless router via my IBM T42p. I show excellent signal strength on IBM Access Connections, but consistently get the dreaded "IP config failed" notice. My settings are all set to "obtain IP address/DNS automatically." The error code I receive is 304. any thoughts?
thanks

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Double check the cable and power connections. Try to power off the modem for about 5 minutes and then switch it on. Wait for it to start functioning and connect. If not successful then there is a possibility that the router was damaged by the accident. Could you explain, exactly, what happened?