Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

cant do anything on computer as dr watson error pops up on startup bef

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
well for the past few days, everytime i turn on my computer, i get a dr watson post mortem debugger error pop up. Ive read through a hnumber of different forums and they all say to delete the program. my problem is that it always pops up during startup, thus freezing my computer before the desktop is loaded and i can do anything. ive tried going in to safe mode, with no avail, and have found that everything loads up when i start windows using command prompt. i guess what all this is asking, is would anyone know how to delete this [bleep] thing using tyhe command prompt. ive read that once you delete it your problems stop. I am not very computer savy and have no idea how to use it.

Edited by Uncle_Hansy, 27 June 2008 - 02:50 PM.

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP

Dr.Watson is the default debugging application for Windows. If that is coming up then something else is failing and causing it to come up. There is a underlying issue here. If safe mode is not working then you might want to try a Repair install. Can also try a Restore Point or Last Known Good Configuration.