Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

permanent caps lock?

• Please log in to reply

trazer

trazer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
so i was at my fathers place today and when i come home i find out that my fiancee and her twelve year old son have decided to let the baby(one year old) use the wireless keyboard on the floor)

sooo now my computer acts like the caps lock button is permanently down for all numbers and other characters except for letters

i cant use period or commas>> i cant use numbers so i type them out

any idea how this happened and what i can do to fix it?

im sure its something fairly simple< i just dont know what it is

any help is appreciated

thanks tons

ps my mouse also highlights anything above what i click< for example if i click below the word appreciated above it would highlight everything i typed before that< and i cant unclick it unless i clock ahead of the first word< not sure if i was clear enough there but any help would be wonderful

Advertisements

trazer

trazer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well i ran a pc tune up program and fixed it...still no idea what he hit but oh well, its fixed now...yay i can type numbers

1234567890 woot hah

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Glad you got it worked out, thanks for letting us know :)

pixanie

pixanie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hmmm.. funny enough I also encounter similar problems
Sorry for bumping the thread, but I reckon it'd be good for ppl to know.. ^^

It really gets frustrating when:
-any link you click directs you to a new WINDOW not a new PAGE
-scrolling up/down on your mouse scroller will direct you to go forward/back (in terms of browsing the internet, again on Firefox)
-letters magically appear as being on CAPS;
-numbers and punctuations, as said, converts themselves into %&$*&#* and <<>>>> (tho actual CAPS Lock KEY don't even do that)
-anything else you click on the page will highlight all from your previous point of click to whatever you click on.

Is it really the keyboard's fault? I'm also using a wireless keyboard (coz I have my laptop jacked on and stuff) but I've always thought it was the os' fault or smth>>

dang>> wish sum!(someone) have a proper solution for this< instead of waiting for the (virus?) to stop>>>
more annoying when i try opening up hotmail on IE< it keeps opening up new tabs every few second>> it"s so annoying!