Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mcaffe Shows Yellow Exclamation mark in icon tray on start up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

geekstomove

geekstomove

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello everyone,

I am using Windows XP on my laptop. Mcaffe Viruscan Enterprise ver 8.5i is installed on it. However, recently my system shows an yellow exclamation mark in the icon tray on start up. It makes my computer so slow on start up. After waiting about 5 min it turns OK. In meantime my computer does some work at the background. The other icons later loaded in the system icon tray... Is there any way of getting rid of it? Does my comp have a malware or not? I need your help... This delay on Mcaffe really is annoying... Thanks..... :)

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Since this computer belongs to my company, I dont want to make significant changes such as uninstalling Mcafee..

Hello. I'm sure this is a frustrating problem, however we cannot continue to help you with it. From our Terms of Use that you agreed to when you joined:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)