Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Ethernet driver for Gateway G6-450

• Please log in to reply

kjsoccerboy

kjsoccerboy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I just wiped my computer, Gateway G6-450 and was reinstalling Windows 98 and the drivers for everything and I don't have a driver for my ethernet card, so that it shows up as an unknown device and calls it an "PCI Ethernet controller". This also means that I can't connect it to my network/internet because the card isn't working. Can anybody help me find the right driver for my Gateway G6-450?
Thanks in advance.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're pretty much going to have to take the card out, write down the make and model, go to the card maker's site and put the drivers on a floppy or CD, put the card back in and run the drivers. If the drivers are zipped you will need a zip utility, 7zip is free, you can just put it on the disk with the drivers or another floppy.

kjsoccerboy

kjsoccerboy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Arggh... So there's not the same card for all of the Gateway G6-450's? I haven't changed it at all, it's the original one.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Arggh... So there's not the same card for all of the Gateway G6-450's? I haven't changed it at all, it's the original one.

Even if it's the same card you have to go somewhere, get the drivers and put them on a disk of some kind if you don't have the original driver disk. If that was a machine for professional use the Ethernet may be integrated and you may have the get them from Gateway.

kjsoccerboy

kjsoccerboy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Alright, I opened up my computer and took a look at the card.
It says 'Belkin' on the green base of the card, then there's a black box on it that says 0152 and then LF-H50X. There's another black box on it that says MPX EN5038b. I've looked around for the right driver, and it comes up with two models. One is a LanKom LF-H50X, and the other is an Accton MPX EN5038B.

I downloaded drivers both from here
http://www.network-d...vers/9/9478.htm
and here
http://www.network-d...rs/62/62079.htm

and the first one says it doesn't work as a win32 application and the second one doesn't even recognize that it has an Accton card in the computer.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're better off to ge the drivers from the Belkin web site and not some second source drivers that don't have the full documentation. Or do you still have the Belkin disk/floppy areound? Belkin has the bad habit of giving the same part # to different items, as you've seen.

Another possibility is to just get another card, preferably one with drivers included, but you could get a used one from a thrift store and download the drivers for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured