Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

the application failed to initialize...

• Please log in to reply

sallys

sallys

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,
i 've been having grave problems with my computer..bascially the message 'the application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000005)..i have had the computer rebooted, hard drive replaced but the problem still comes on..
when i turn the computer on the wall paper and icons don't load but after ctrl+alt+del>new task> 'temp' the wall paper and icons load and a couple of errors come up again, including the applicatoin failed...

as i said i have uploaded the windows about 3 times now but the problem persists
help?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
When you replaced the hard disk, how did you move the programs and data to the new disk;, did you format the new disk and reinstalled everything? Did you clone the "broken" disk and used the image? If you used an image then you transfered all the problems and defects in the old disk to the new one (unless the clone was made while the computer was in perfect condition).

Please give us some more information. This will help us solve the problem.

sallys

sallys

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

When you replaced the hard disk, how did you move the programs and data to the new disk;, did you format the new disk and reinstalled everything? Did you clone the "broken" disk and used the image? If you used an image then you transfered all the problems and defects in the old disk to the new one (unless the clone was made while the computer was in perfect condition).

Please give us some more information. This will help us solve the problem.

well..i took the computer back to the shop and i am quite sure they changed the hard drive and then installed the windows and office. does that help?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
When you got the computer back from the shop did you have all your applications installed like they were with the old hard disk or did you have only windows and office installed.