Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtumonde and Question about Registry [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

laserbeam

laserbeam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I just want to "Thank You" for fixing my puter and for having patients with me.

If it was'nt for people like you a lot of us would be in a world of hurt and reformatting our hard drives.

I do have another problem. Maybe you or is there another forum that can help me with it?

When I go to open control pannel I get a message. This program must close and do you want to send this to Microsoft. Then I lose everything and it goes to my back ground pic and then back to my desk top.
It has done this in the past, once in a blue moon but now it is every time. sometimes it takes two or three time to get in.

Thanks again for all your help.

Steve

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That sounds like it is causing explorer to restart

Maybe you have a corrupted file there

Do you have your CD ? If so then we could verify the integrity of your files

From the Start menu, select Run.
In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Select the OK button.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.