Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Kasper Sky Finds Trojan WIN32.Monderb.gen

• Please log in to reply

Cure

Cure

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So yesterday i wanted to watch this movie online "Wanted" so i downloaded an active x control and it turned out to be some type of trojan and malware. I didn't have kaspersky at that time. My screen went blue with a yellow box saying i have a spyware and should remove it. Along with that my desktop and screensaver tabs were gone from desktop properties. There was this fake BSOD that appeared and disappeared. rdI got a registery fix from kelly line 285 to get the tabs back and i found what was making me get the background in System 32 and it was phppc ect. I found it in startup too and i disabled it.

Well then the computer started gettin sluggish like [bleep]. It was soo slugish, so i installed Kasper sky and registered it only to find i used my money to find a Win32.Monderb.gen trojan that can't be deleted. I did scans with kasper sky and found nothing and then on startup scan it finds Monderb.gen. I have windows xp home service pack 2. The files i found that were infected were khfFXpoN.dll and wvUkHBBRK.dll. I tried using kill box to delete them but it didn't work.

One more thing after a while of downloading that active x control accidently there was xp antivirus 2008, i deleted it and downloaded smithfraud and did clean in safe mode. The xp antivirus is gone but my computer is still very sluggish and i can't delete this Monderb.gen trojan.

Also i think my automatic updates is related to this problem as its "disabled" so i go into services using "Run" and i click Automatic updates and select automatically, it goes back to disabled, the start stop resume ect. buttons are all greyed out.

I was gonna do PC recovery but to my surprise it was disabled and there were no save points before it.
I just want my computer running back to normal, please help. And please reply soon.

Edited by Cure, 28 June 2008 - 08:20 AM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Go over to the Malware Removal forum, read the Sticky Threads and follow the steps there

Cure

Cure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Is this a common problem? and in Malware removal guides i can't find anything that adresses my issue, there is nothing about Monderb.gen. O wait is this Vundo?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Yes it is a common problem

Yes it is Vundo

The steps in the guide removes a lot of different types of malware, so could fix your problem. If not the steps there tell you about posting in the Malware Removal forum

Cure

Cure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So i found the vundo fix on the malware removal fourm, it is scanning right now, say it doesn't detect anything, what can it be if its not vundo. And the way i got this virus / malware , is it common i got it through a active x control i was asked to download to view a video.

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
You should definately follow the instructions in the Malware forum and create a HiJackThis log so one of our experts can determine the appropriate steps needed to be taken.

Cure

Cure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
k, one more thing, my kaspersky also just recently detected Trojan.Win32.VB.agt and something called ctfmon. Can you guys tell me some information on these two things? Thank you, Much appreciated

Sincerely Cure

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
You need to start your own thread in the malware forums, post your questions there along with the information we ask from you.

Read this thread first.
Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems.
If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log in this forum for the experts to analyze.
If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

Just a heads up ... replying to your own thread will likely make you wait LONGER as it makes you appear to be receiving help already.