You can delete FileFind.exe
You can uninstall or keep MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware - its up to you.
Click START then RUN
Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
Notice the space between the x and / -- That needs to be there.
please download OTCleanIt.
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double Click on OTCleanIt.exe, a window will appear.
- Please press the CleanUp! Button.
Now that your are clean, you'll want to stay that way.
Some important things that you should keep in mind in order to protect yourself:
- Use common sense. This is the big one! Don't download programs from suspicious sites and be careful where you browse.
Things you can do to aviod downloading bad programs:
- Google the program. Read reviews and opinions from other people on the internet, if you dont see any reports of foul play - then there more than likely is none.
- Stay away from Cracks! However luring the thought of free software can be it's not worth the hassle and potential danger of getting infected.
- Download the program directly from the website of the developer - then you can be certain you haven't downloaded a bogus copy.
- Read the EULA (End User License Agreement) - Find out exactly what you are downloading. A good tool to aid you in this would be EULAyzer.
- Keep your protection programs up to date! No matter how good your Antivirus or Antispyware program is, without an updated set of definitions it will do you no good against the new infections. If you run a free program make sure to update them at least once a week.
- Make sure that windows updates is enabled. Keeping your system up to date is a must - to turn on automatic updates take a look at this article by Microsoft.
- SpywareBlaster Take a look at the tutorial here.
- ZonedOut Adds thousands of websites to your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
Make a habit of scanning your computer for viruses every week or so and backing up important files regularly.
Please also read Expert Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place
Please post back and tell me if everything is OK, so that I may mark this thread as Resolved.
Edited by Mike, 06 July 2008 - 12:58 PM.