Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Help my laptop won't connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

xbonex

xbonex

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well my mom gave me her laptop(Dell Inspiron 2200) windows xp which she uses like once a month... as a temporary graduation gift.

Problem is for some reason it won't connect to the internet no matter what I do. I have an ethernet cable and a wireless router.

And on a side note it use to be able to connect to the internet about 7 months ago. But we never noticed it stopped working becuase we never needed the internet till now.

I tried connecting to the laptop on my friends 2wire wireless modem and it shows connected. Just can''t get on the internet.
Also I tried at my home 2wire wireless router and it shows connected but still can't get on the web.

when I type ipconfig in the run box and push enter a black screen appears quickly then disappears.

Anybody think they can guide me through fixing this.

I am so mad right now.

I just got off the phone with Dell technical support and they are telling me
that my warranty expired on my laptop august 2007 so they are not going to help me unless I buy another warranty.
Then they transferred me to someone else saying that if I want help
I need to pay a service fee of $49.00 for a onetime over the phone dell technician support. And I asked the guy if I pay the fee, will that gurantee the problem be fixed. He said no it only helps us run a full diagnostic on your laptop. So then I said if the problem does not get fixed will I get a refund. He said no because we attempted to help you.
I said no way I am paying a fee for $49.00 that does not gurantee a fix. I'll go somewhere else.

Please and thank you.

Here is what pops up when I try to enter google's ip address.

Posted Image

Edited by xbonex, 28 June 2008 - 02:27 PM.

Advertisement

xbonex

xbonex

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted Image

xbonex

xbonex

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted Image

xbonex