Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recovered from a serious system error

• Please log in to reply

edenn

edenn

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have a Dell desktop XPS that I have been using for about two years, no new hardware, some new software....don't remember how many or names. Several weeks ago, I noticed that whenever I started up, or rebooted, it was taking longer and it started rebooting before it completed the full startup. I would get through the WinXp logo, then the desktop would start to appear and load some of the memory programs, and then it would reboot. It always takes two reboots, and sometimes three reboots. After this is over the computer operates normally. I also get the following message:

YOUR SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A VERY SERIOUS ERROR..

Following is the details of the Microsoft Windows Error signature:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCF2 : 806E494F BCFP3 : F4868794 BCP4 : 00000000 0SVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello edenn,

Sounds to me like you have memory problem. Remove the sticks and test each stick in the slot it's meant to stay to make sure it's not a faulty ram or ram slot on your motherboard.

Then I suggest you run Memtest to see if you get any errors.

Click this to download Memtest

Regards,

edenn

edenn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks for your quick reply.
I did the memory test, and eveything checked out ok.
Then I tried the "chkdsk /f /r" I have been able to reboot two times since, without the computer doing a double boot and without any "Recovering from a serious problem" notices. I think the chkdsk did the trick.

Thanks again for your help.